Provide customer service and technical support to charter school clients across Texas. Serve Texas charter schools through the coordination, collection, reporting and auditing of Public Education Information Management System (PEIMS) data. Bilingual is a plus.
- Coordinate the collection, integration, and formatting of all data required for PEIMS submission according to PEIMS Data Standards for multiple size districts across Texas.
- Work cooperatively with the campus, business office, and personnel office staff of partnering charter schools to provide Data Quality technical assistance.
- Run edits, reports, and verification checks on data to ensure accuracy of information.
- Comply with standards for Texas and Federal attendance accounting laws and procedures in the Texas Student Attendance Accounting Handbook.
- Comply with standards for Federal enrollment laws and procedures in the Texas Student Attendance Accounting Handbook and the PEIMS Data Standards.
- Develop and maintain a strong sense of customer service.
- Communicate with various stakeholders including campus personnel, district and state administrators, other Districts’ PEIMS personnel, and software vendors, etc.
- Responsible for providing web-based and written professional development training of clients in Texas and Federal laws, best practice procedures, PEIMS, record retention, and other charter and data centered topics.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
- Experience in TSDS PEIMS and TSDS Core Collection methods.
- Experience in Student Information/Financial Management/HR Software.
- Experience developing training materials and providing training to large and small groups.
- Experience in web-based learning and professional writing.
Employee must have reliable internet and cell phone. Computer and professional phone number will be provided.
- Comply with policies established by federal and state law, State Board of Education rule, and local board policy.
- Compile, maintain, and file all physical and computerized reports, records, and other documents as required.
- Extensive knowledge of the TSDS PEIMS Data Standards.
- Extensive knowledge of the Student Attendance Accounting Handbook.
- Extensive Knowledge in Texas Education Code and Texas Administrative Code as it relates to public schools.
- Ability to maintain accurate and auditable records.
- Strong communication, public relations, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to develop and implement policy and procedures.
- Creative and collaborative problem-solving skills.
- Organized and self-motivated.
- Ability to complete tasks in a timely fashion.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATONS AND SKILLS:
|Reporting skills||Teamwork (a must)|
|Written and verbal communication skills||Problem solving|
|Positive, light-hearted attitude||Ability to work under pressure|
|Ability to work with software applications||Perseverance and motivation|
- Five (5) years related professional experience with PEIMS
- Proficiency in MS Office with expertise in Microsoft Word, Power Point and Excel
- Superior organization skills and dedication to completing projects in a timely manner
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Preferred: TASBO Certification or equivalent
WORKING CONDITIONS AND DEMANDS:
Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written); interpret policy, procedures, and data; maintain emotional control under stress. Occasional prolonged and irregular hours. Frequent travel as required by clients. Work with frequent interruptions. Repetitive hand motions; prolonged use of computer.
|Job Title:||PEIMS Data Quality Specialist||Supervisor:||Chief Executive Officer|
|Position Type:||Full-Time||Supervisor Responsibilities:||None|
|Status:||Exempt||Salary:||$37,000 – $52,000|